Due to continued growth within our organisation, we now have a new and exciting opportunity to join our team here at JODA Freight Ltd. We are seeking to recruit a business development manager to develop the business sales and marketing of our well established and successful logistics business.
Scope of the role
As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for proactively canvassing new business, selling the core products of our business and have the responsibility of developing and maintain profit from new accounts and development of existing business. We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate ambition and commitment to the long-term success of the business.
This role is full-time, Monday to Friday, 45 hours per week and permanent. The salary is competitive based on experience.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with existing and prospective customers where appropriate to driving the new business revenues in the designated territory.
- Understand the Customers’ needs and provide solutions which meet their requirement to gain new business
- Working with the operations team to support the solution provided to the Customer
- Telesales requirement to ensure enough face to face new business appointments are closed to hit targets
- Actively plan and co-ordinate your sales strategy, ensuring consistent and regular contact is maintained with existing and potential Customers.
- Ensuring that operational and financial issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Raise appropriate quotations and sales literature, when requested to do so by the Customer.
- Create and manage your own sales pipeline
Required Skills and Experiences
- Previous experience of working in a targeted new business environment
- Experience and knowledge of working in UK haulage and storage markets essential
- Proven business to business, face to face sales experience
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- High degree of organisational, administrative, communication skills and self-motivation
- Full Driving Licence
In reward for efforts, we are offering
- Car allowance
- Commission Structure
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Business development: 1 year (preferred)
- Haulage and Storage Market: 1 year (preferred)
- B2B sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: On the road
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com